Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Some Gum under the Desk


Over the weekend, I saw Tim Burton's updated version of Alice in IMAX 3D, and I was sadly disappointed. Visually the movie was stunning; the actors performed well enough; and through a good part of the beginning, I thought for sure Burton hit this one out of the park. Unfortunately, it was just a long foul ball. By the middle of the movie, the plot had become hardly serviceable, and the characters were losing their luster. By the end, I felt cheated and annoyed.

I have to wonder, though, if it was even Burton's idea to have a third-act battle. It seemed so pointless to the story that it reeked of some uncreative think tank crying out, "We have to have a war scene! People love a good war scene! Think of the children, man! Look at Lord of the Rings ... at Avatar!"

I did, however, enjoy the trailer for Tron Legacy, which surprised me because I didn't care for the original movie or the game. It was the soundtrack and the lightcycle scene at the end that left the biggest impression on me ... I amuse easily that way.

Here's the trailer if you haven't seen it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More