Friday, September 21, 2012

Stephen King's Birthday and What It Means to Siri

Today's Stephen King's birthday, and to celebrate I'm reading the latest issue of Cemetery Dance, which features Neil Gaiman's visit to SK's Florida home.  The article's floating around cyberspace, too, and most of it can be found on Neil Gaiman's blog.


I also spent the morning downloading iOS 6 to my phone. (I know, I know, I live a life of mystery and adventure.)  Of course, I had to play with the updated Siri, which, I should add, is a major improvement over the last version.

Curious, I wondered what Siri thought of Stephen King.

First I asked, Who is Stephen King?  Siri's response:




Damn.  The man's 65, a famous writer ... and a baseball player?  I would've suspected he'd play for Boston, but then again, what do I know?  Just to be sure I had the right King, though, I asked a more specific question:  Give me a list of books by Stephen King.  





Hmm, seems Mr. King forgot to leave me his phone number.  No problem.  I figured since Siri is now a movie buff, I'd ask it to give me a list of movies involving Stephen King.  Yes! I got some answers--well, a few at least.  For some reason, I'd thought there'd be more.




Finally, I asked Siri when Stephen King's birthday was, and it gave me a list of contacts to choose from, which, to protect the innocent, I shall not post.

Alas, Siri didn't seem to know Stephen King, and, in fact, isn't much of a book lover at all.  Hopefully it  won't dampen King's birthday any. I suspect it won't.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More