Monday, March 5, 2012

Interlude

Went to sees The Lorax over the weekend with my family, and we all enjoyed it very much.

I liked it mostly for the lessons:  While the environmental issues discussed in the movie are easy for children to understand, the even bigger lesson to take away from this story, or from Dr. Seuss in general, is that tree trunks don't have to be brown, leaves can be furry, and fish can walk and talk, if you want them to.  In other words, forcing creativity to conform to what is, especially at a young age, does nothing to foster the imagination. Just sayin'.

Also, saw new trailers for two stop motion movies I would've absolutely loved as a kid (which is another way of saying, I'll be taking my kids to see them, because I want to see them, too.)

First one is Tim Burton's Frankenweenie:



And then there's ParaNorman:




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More