Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Getting Back in Amazon's Good Graces

Last week I mentioned that I had a little tussle with Amazon over a story I'd written several years ago. In short, they believed I didn't write the story, and I believed I did. They threatened to suspend my account over it. This made me sad.

Not long after I mentioned the issue, I received emails and comments from authors who had a similar experience with Amazon and shared my frustration. Obviously, Amazon has some work to do in this area.

In the end, however, I managed to get back in Amazon's good graces, and my account has been restored. I even received a nice little apology from them. I'm still not entirely sure why Amazon flagged one of my stories as suspect or what I could've done differently to prevent this from happening in the first place, but whatever. It's over.

 I can say that if you run into a similar problem, what seemed to work best for me was contacting Author Central. Since KDP does not have a support number, you have to email them with any questions or concerns.  In the past, they've been very helpful, but for this issue, that route didn't work.

Even though Author Central is a different department, they must work with the KDP folks in some capacity, because a few days after contacting an actual person, the problem was resolved. My suggestion to you is as soon as you receive an email from Amazon regarding a problem with one of your stories, contact Author Central immediately. It'll save you a lot of aggravation.

Good luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More