Wednesday, April 8, 2009

More on Sowen

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, animals both domesticated and wild, today is National Stalker Day, so go out there and stalk your favorite celebrity. And remember, dear reader: Fan is only four letters away from FANatic!*

I've been working on Sowen, and I'm halfway through another revision. I thought I'd give a little snippet ...

The other children gathered, too, grabbing his legs, pulling out hair, ripping fingers from the sockets and sucking on them like ice pops. They all chanted together: "Join Us. Become Us. Lead Us," as they dragged the heap that was his body into the lake.

Ah, now doesn't everyone feel better?

<<<>>>>

And in important news ...



Robert McCammon's Mister Slaughter, the third book in the Matthew Corbett series, will be out in the Fall of '09, according to McCammon's website. If you haven't been reading the series, you should do yourself a favor and catch up.

Later Fiends,



*NOTE: Today is not National Stalker Day, nor does such a day exist, nor does Mr. Gray or his blog support stalkers in any way, shape or form.

3 comments:

I'm stalking you! lol Congrats on the revisions!

Do fingers have sockets?

You keep teasing us with snippets. Think you'll put ay chapters online once your manuscript arrives at its final stage? I'm very curious to read it.

I think you're right about fingers not having sockets. Plus, it's a cliche expression. Ripping anything from a socket is overdone ... My hope is to bring this story to a close by the end of May. I'll probably post some sample chapters then.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More