Monday, May 18, 2009

Miscellaneous Debri

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, animals both domesticated and wild, prepare to be amazed ... just not here.

I've been neglecting the web in order to finish my--hopefully!--final revision of Sowen. This is one of the slower revisions because of other commitments interfering and because I'm finally forced to finish the little details I have been putting off.

The web, however, has not not forgotten me. I've been trying to get through all of my feeds ( I use Google Reader, if anyone cares), and after nearly two hours of reading, I'm still showing over 1000+ items.

So I thought I'd spend the next few entries posting some of the cool stuff I've found. These are in no particular date order, by the way.

First off, the long awaited Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus trailer. And yes, 80s fans, that's Debbie Gibson.



<<<<>>>>

And since I'm doing the whole versus thing, a funny picture by Benjamin Parry titled Alien Vs Predator: Chess.





<<<<>>>>




Troll's Eye View: A Book of Villainous Tales is a collection of fairy tales told from the POV of the villain. How cool! It's written for my target audience, the very impressionable 8-12 kiddies, but I'm sure it's a fun read for any age.

Table of Contents:

Wizard’s Apprentice | Delia Sherman
An Unwelcome Guest | Garth Nix
Faery Tales | Wendy Froud
Rags and Riches | Nina Kiriki Hoffman
Up the Down Beanstalk | Peter S. Beagle
The Shoes That Were Danced to Pieces | Ellen Kushner
Puss in Boots, the Sequel | Joseph Stanton
The Boy Who Cried Wolf | Holly Black
Troll | Jane Yolen
Castle Othello | Nancy Farmer
Skin | Michael Cadnum
A Delicate Architecture | Catherynne M. Valente
Molly | Midori Snyder
Observing the Formalities | Neil Gaiman
The Cinderella Game | Kelly Link

I think that's enough for one day.

Later Fiends,

2 comments:

I don't know if I should thank you or hate you for linking showing Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus.

Also, why would they go with a Giant Octopus rather than a Giant Squid since it is squids, not Octopus, that have tentacle hooks?

Ha! I feel the same way. I want to see the movie just so I can throw a bowling ball through the screen ... or something like that.

Maybe the giant octopus is Debbie Gibson in disguise.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More