Fangoria.com, Hauntworld.com and Travelchannel.com.
And don't forget, dear reader, only one week left before the release of my latest short story Garbage, Inc., so polish up them eyeballs.
Top 13 Horror Attractions
13. Field of Screams (Lancaster, PA) - With three major scares--Haunted Hayride, Den of Darkness and Frightmare-- and a hayride for the kiddies called Little Screamers, Field of Screams offers something for everyone.
12. Asylum Haunted House ( Denver, CO) - Featured on the Travel Channel's
AMERICA'S SCARIEST HALLOWEEN ATTRACTION 2, 2007, the Asylum claims to be the scariest haunted adventure in Colorado.
11. Headless Horsemen (Ulster Park, NY) - Named #1 Hayride in America by American Airlines Magazine, as well as #1 Haunted Attraction in the country by Haunt World Magazine. This haunt offers 6 major attractions.
10. Jason's Woods (Lancaster, PA) - If it's one thing Pennsylvania knows, it's horror, and Jason's Woods is no exception. In their 24th year, this haunt now offers 9 attractions.
9. Shipwreck (Long Beach, CA) - Hop aboard the Queen Mary for 5 terrifying mazes: Vampire Village, The Graveyard, Isolation Ward, Blackbeard's Revenge and Paranoia's House of Horror.
8. Bates Motel & Haunted Hayride (Glen Mills, PA) - If the Bates Motel and Haunted Corn Maze aren't enough for you, then try out the now infamous Haunted Hayride.
7. Netherworld (Atlanta, GA) - Two sick and twisted haunted houses -- Blood Night and Zombie Rampage ... one hell of a good time.
6. Thrillvania (Terrell, TX) - 8 attractions as big and bad ass as Texas itself.
5. Shocktoberfest (Sinking Spring, PA) - Now with six sick and twisted attractions, with their newest 2009 addition being the Willow Glen Creek Saw Kill.
4. Erebus - (Detroit, MI) - In 2005, Erebus was entered into Guinness Book of World Records for being the largest walk-through haunted house in the world. How could you not want to see this?
3. Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights (Orlando, FL) - 8 haunted houses; 8 scare zones and live shows. This year's features include Wolfman, Chucky, Saw and plenty more.
2. 13th Gate (Baton Rouge, LA) - Rated number 1 for the second year in a row at HauntWorld.com, this attraction features, you guessed it, 13 levels of pure terror.
1. House of Shock - (Jefferson, LA) - Voted number 1 last year by Travel Channel for most extreme Halloween attraction, this 20,000 sq/ft blood fest is probably the closest you will get to a brutal death.