Thursday, February 12, 2009

First Post

A first post ... what pressure. Well then, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, animals both domesticated and wild, let me introduce myself. The name's Robert Gray. As in The Author Robert Gray! Haven't heard of me? Really? You can't find me in a search engine either? Right then... I'll let you know everything there is to know about me. I write horror and fantasy fiction. Impressed? No? Figures.

Currently I'm working on a YA dark fantasy series called Sowen. And you, dear reader, are probably asking why title a series with such a stupid name as Sowen (pronounced Sow, like cow and en like in). Maybe I just won't tell you if that's the type of attitudes you're going to have...
OK, I'll tell. Sowen is the last name of the main character. Christopher Sowen. A young 15-year-old who discovers, gasp, that he has the power to summon dead spirits from another world, a dead world, if you please. Sound creepy? What do you mean you don't get it? Yes, I was just getting to that. Our young hero lost his mother one year ago in a terrible car accident. Tragic really. And since then, Chris has been fascinated with ghost hunting. He has this silly notion that he can find his Mom's ghost. How sad. Poor kid's probably delusional. But he finds something, a link perhaps to his mother, or maybe it's just the supreme ruler of the dead. Ha! Didn't think of that one did you?
I bet you all want to know where you can find such a gem of a book. How the heavens have not opened up and presented this piece of literary genius to you on a silver platter. Well, friends, that's what this blog is all about. The story is not done yet. So I'm here to take that journey together with anyone who wants to listen to me babble like a friggin' lunatic. Oh, and I might make a bit of social commentary, too. It seems that's a requirement of a blogger.

If you want to learn even more about me, you can visit me on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1325809556&ref=name
And if you would like to know when I relieve myself or eat lunch you can tweet me at http://twitter.com/RGrayFiction

5 comments:

You're an idiot! Oh wait, that's me. Good job!

Hey Robert, I saw you added me to your Twitter follow list, which must be a mistake because I'm pretty unremarkable.

Anyways, just curious: have you had any work published in the past or is this your first shot at writing?

Hi Aaron, I've had some minor success with short stories, but this is my first attempt at publishing a novel. Sowen is my third novel written, but my first that does not completely suck.

Well, I'm no publishing expert, but the one that doesn't suck is probably your best bet.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More