Friday, February 27, 2009

You maul 'em, we haul 'em

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, animals both domesticated and wild, lend me your ears ... because I like to collect them.

If you've been keeping up, you know that my novel has been revised, printed, and is waiting to be read by the few chosen souls I trust deeply with my work, which translates to the only people that I could get.

I've been working nonstop on Sowen for the last several months, and I think I need to put it away for a week, let it get a little cold, and finish off some other projects I've been neglecting.

I've switched gears to a very adult, very horrific short story called Garbage, Inc. about a guy who kills a woman. Yes, I know, very cliche subject. The hero doesn't know what to do with the dead body. Killing, well, that's the easy part. You can disconnect yourself from murder with the help of rage, jealousy, a whole cornucopia of emotions really. But removing the body, cleaning up all that blood, now that's the hard part, and my hero does not know what to do with the body until suddenly, at two thirty in the morning, he gets a knock at the door. It's a man in a navy blue jumpsuit, and he's there to clean up the mess. The hero asks this man who he is, and the man points to his breast pocket. There's an image of a truck towing a body bag ... the logo for Garbage, Inc.

"You maul em', we haul 'em," the man says.

And so the story begins.

Later Fiends.



2 comments:

Sounds interesting and darkly humorous.

Thanks. Darkly humorous describes the story pretty well.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More