Monday, March 23, 2009

The Blog That Cried Wolf

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, animals both domesticated and wild, please don't feed the night.


More revisions of Sowen still to do, but I'm about 3/4 of the way through. Should have another round of editing done midweek. My current revisions have been focusing on the structure of the story, which I think for the most part is solid. I originally didn't structure the story to be a series, but the ideas unfolded into a much bigger beast that could not realistically be contained into one novel, or better yet, be sold as one novel. As a result, much of my time has been on reconstructing and removing parts that will occur later in the series. My current structure has the story broken down into 4 novels. And since the story occurs primarily on Halloween, each book will be one year apart, which would cover Christopher Sowen's high school career, since he is a freshman in the first story.

I still need to finish some research for a couple of scenes I've been putting off. One piece of research relates to the gray wolf. I found this great picture from National Geographic that I have pinned above my desk to remind me that wild animals do not talk, sing and dance like their Hollywood counterparts.


Later Fiends.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More